Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finishing up on week 5

It is tuesday and we are on week five! We have figured out what we will do for our bottom of the filter. We put a base so that our bucket can stay on it to collect water. Now we need to figure out where the PVC pipe will go and how we will put it on. Mr. Verkaik gave us our Cinder block today. We put that under it to make it stand higher. That way we can fit another bucket under it to collect the clean condensed water. All we basically have left is the plastic which we have to cut and the PVC pipe to put on. After this we should be ready to test it.
Well, Thursday came and we couldn’t work on Wednesday because of a field trip. We will just have to deal with it. Today we have to figure out how we will put the PVC pipe in. We have have a good idea. We decided to put the PVC pipe in the corner of our filter. If we do this then we have to cut the board at the corner for it to fit. Our pipe is long enough so that it won’t make big splashes when the water goes down. Yes, we have accomplished that.
I think this project so far is doing well for my group and I. We haven’t made a huge error yet and we don’t plan to. We have the basics done. The frame and the ramp thing to drop the water are both done. We also have some other things done, like the wood to hold the dirty water bucket. Next week we will probably start getting it done. It should be exciting and fun. I can’t wait to try it and see if our filter worked!

2 comments:

  1. Emilio. GREAT job! I love that you put a picture of your plan for the project on here. That was a good idea. I'm glad to see your project is working out well. I cant wait to see how it works when you guys officially finish! Keep it up emilio ( and his group :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Emilio. I really hope that we can be finished. I can not wait to test it. I want to see if it filters the water very well. We still have to cover it in plastic like you said. I wonder if there is holes in the plastic if that will make the condensed water to go out. Emilio you have been a big help in our project! You have really great ideas. Let's get this project done!

    ReplyDelete